Many jobseekers to this day do not write a CV when looking for work.
We will describe a few arguments in favour of writing this 'useless' tool in the opinion of some jobseekers.
Your resume is your business card, the ultimate self-marketing tool to attract the attention of employers and to invite you for an interview. Many people find it difficult to write a resume. In fact, it's quite simple!
Here are a few rules
- Don't use templates from other people's resumes, especially if you don't know what you're talking about.
- The information on your resume must be accurate. An experienced recruiter will recognise any lie, not now, but in a meeting. So try to present your experience in the best possible light without resorting to false information.
- Try not to write bulky profiles. There is no time to read all 18 pages of CVs with job descriptions from every job. Optimum is 2 pages (and that's the maximum!).
- Choose a font that is familiar to the eye. Times New Roman and Arial are most preferable.
- Be sure to check for spelling and punctuation errors.
- Make sure you read your resume aloud before sending it to check if it sounds natural. If anything is confusing, redo it!
- Photos are a special subject. Don't get creative! No underwear photos, no photos of friends, children or pets.
- Don't forget to leave your contacts, since you're looking for a job.
- And the most important rule: For EVERY job, have your CV.
Imagine yourself in the employer's shoes
He is only interested in the information on your resume that meets the requirements of the open position. A recruiter spends no more than 30 seconds on an initial review of each CV and you have that amount of time to convince an employer with your CV that you are the person they want to meet.
Help with resumes
You do not know how to write a professional CV that will attract the attention of employers? You can leave it to the experts. A well-written CV is essential if you want the employer to invite you for an interview. The internet is full of guides for young people on how to write a good CV, but this is often not enough.
If you find it particularly difficult to put together a CV, you can always enlist the help of an expert. Just type "local resume writers near me" into a search engine, and you will immediately see many offers from professional companies. Commissioning a CV means that a member of staff will collect all the information from you - your education, your experience and the job for which you are applying.
Of course, a professionally written CV doesn't guarantee that we will solve our unemployment problem more quickly, but it certainly increases our chances that an employer will notice our application.